SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKEUP COURSE
Special Effects Makeup Course opens the Door to a Whole New World of Makeup Artistry and Movie Makeup, Cinema Makeup, Film Makeup that can be used in both TV, Film and Creative disciplines. The Subjects and Learnings include Scars, Injuries, Age transformation, Bald caps and more. During this Makeup Course, Students are getting Familiar with some of the Best Materials, Application and Production Techniques in Non-Prosthetics Special Effects.
Students will experiment with Latex, Wax and gel to create Textures, Colors and Contours. Techniques for the application of Bald Caps, Beards, Moustaches and Sideburns are Covered. The Students Produce Realistic Trauma including Scars, Bullet Holes, Lacerations, Bruises, Scabs, Cuts, Blisters and Burns.
As part of the Exam, Students Develop and Apply Special Effects Makeup for a Scripted Character Blurring the Lines Between ILLUSION and Reality.
These Techniques will Help You Shape Your Makeup Career in the Movie Industry.
Special Effects Makeup
Students will learn the following educational themes:
• Refine the application of Structural Makeup Crèmes, Highlights and Shadows to Depict Aging of the Face and Hands.
• Analyse and Compare Professional Products and their Uses.
• Test Products for Allergic Reactions on Human Skin.
• Identify and Correctly Label the Anatomical Structure of the Face with Regards to Bones & Muscles
• Apply Latex Correctly for Depicting Scars, Warts and Aging.
• Apply Wax Correctly to Depict Bullet Holes, Scars, Cuts, Lacerations & Road Rash.
• Interpret Wounds from Photos and recreate them through Correct Application or Techniques.
• Recreate Blisters and Boils through the Application of Special Makeup products.
• Apply Structural Makeup using Carrying Techniques to Depict Bruises, Old and New.
• Use Makeup Effects to Depict Cuts, Scratches, Black Eyes, Dirt and Blister Damage, Scabs and Drawn Cuts.
• Understand Characteristics of First- Second- and Third-Degree Burns
• Depict Second and Third Degree Burns with Gel Effects.
• Apply a Bald Cap Correctly and Color to Model’s Skin Tones Accurately.
• Prepare Crepe Hair Correctly for Application.
• Review the Application and Cleaning of a Ventilated Moustache.
• Develop and Apply the Appropriate Special Makeup Requirements for a Scripted Character
• Lay Beards, Moustaches and Sideburns using Crepe Hair.
• Trim and Style Beards, Moustaches & Sideburns.